- “The difference between web 1.0 and 2.0 is move from personal websites to blogs and blog site aggregation, from publishing to participation, from web content as the outcome of large up-front investment to an ongoing and interactive process, and from content management systems to links based on tagging (folksonomy)”. This quote was used because he gave a perfect sentence of what the difference was between web 1.0 and 2.0 is. –
- Judith Butler gets her theory Gender Trouble: Feminism and the Subversion of Identity (1990). Didn’t read too much of this but I looked at the content of this to help me support my point of our society.-
- Eric Raymond the Cathedral and the Eric Raymond’s book “The Cathedral & Bazaar musing on Linux and open source by additional revolutionary “he states that“ computer software is an increasingly critical factor in the world economy and in the strategic calculations of businesses. I read some of this book to describe the idea of how the cathedral and bazaar works. –
- “The integration of technology into the process of field organizing … is the success of the Obama campaign,” says Sanford Dickert – I used this as an example to how we can use the bazaar for power.
Making not watching
- John Phillips Suzer (1906). He travelled to the United States to talk about a certain technology ‘the talking machine’ he was not a fan of the talking machine he said “These talking machine are going to ruin the artistic development of music in this country. When I was a boy in front of every house in the summer evenings you would find young people together singing the songs of the day or the old songs… today you hear these infernal machines going night and day we will not have a vocal cord left”. I used this to find out more about what Lawrence Lessing free culture.
Participation and convergence
I used this website to explain the idea that the world is changing in terms that all our media can be found in one device and Henry Jenkins (2006) supports this. –
This is Henry Jenkins book I read some of this book to help me get a clear understanding to what convergence culture really is this helped me come up with my overall linked project in the end as the production I will create will be formatted for MP3s, 3G phones and IPods can receive to demonstrate the idea that media can be received from one digital piece. –
David Gauntlet- Making is connecting -“We sat around while unprecedented destruction of our natural world has taken place”. This is a statment Guantlet made to show how the last generation has been brain washed by the media.-